- 16 ml of green lentils
- 68 ml can soybeans, rinsed and drained
- zest of lemons
- minced red onions
- minced garlic
- 32 ml finely chopped red pepper
- 30 ml finely chopped green peppers
- 30 ml finely chopped celery
- 7 ml finely chopped chives
- In a large saucepan, combine lentils with 1 ½ cups (375 mL) water. Boil, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a bowl, combine lentils, soybeans, lemon zest, onion, garlic, peppers, celery, and chives.
- To prepare vinaigrette: In a separate bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, shallots, fennel, pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add vinaigrette to salad. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow flavours to develop.
Sources: bbcgoodfood, google, 9jafoodie.com, pinchofyum.